Animal Olympics 4 | July 5
Animal Olympics 4 | July 5
Animal Olympics Day 4, July 5th
For children entering 2nd - 7th grades
Test your abilities against some of the amazing creatures that roam our world! Each morning we will get a hands-on experience with different types of animals courtesy of Zootah and SNC! In the afternoon we will explore the habitats and animals of Logan Canyon and learn what makes them so incredible. This camp will be full of games, races, and tests of strength!
*This is a day-camp, no over night camp out. We know that families may want to take some time off for the July 4th holiday so we made scheduling this camp more flexible. Each day of camp this week will have different activities, so feel free to sign up for one day or the whole week!
Drop-off and Pick-up Information
- Monday through Friday 9 am – 3 pm. Drop-off time begins at 8:45 am. Pick-up time is from 3:00-3:15 pm. We will begin our camp program at 9:00 am.
Drop-off will be at Stokes Nature Center: 2696 East US Highway 89, Logan, UT 84321, just in the mouth of the canyon past first dam. Look for the Stokes Nature Center sign on the right of the highway. Parking is located on the left or right of the side of the road in gravel turnoffs. Please park and walk your child up to the trail access just past the gate.
Pick-up will be at Second Dam (just north of Stokes Nature Center, beyond lower second dam sign. You will see a large gravel parking lot)
- Campers need to be signed in and signed out by an adult each day. If for any reason you plan to send your child home with someone other than the person who drops them off in the morning, you must let our staff members know at the time your child is dropped off. For their safety, your child will not be allowed to leave with an unauthorized person. Please review this information with your child, and plan accordingly.
- Weather conditions vary daily in the canyon and the valley, so make sure your child is prepared accordingly (rain gear, jacket, sweatshirt, hat, shoes, socks, etc).
- Please thoroughly coat your child with sunscreen each day prior to dropping them off for camp! We will apply sunscreen again mid-day as needed. Remember the activities may include water play and running/movement games so choose appropriate clothing.
- Electronic devices are not permitted and will be confiscated immediately by camp staff and returned to parents at the end of the camp day. SNC Staff members will have cell phones if parents need to contact them for emergency reasons.
DAY CAMP PACKING LIST
- Sack lunch
- Clothing that can get wet and/or dirty
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes (no flip-flops or other shoes that are not secure)
- Sun hat
- Warm clothing layer (jacket, sweatshirt, etc.)
- Change of Clothes
- Swimming Suit
- Rain Boots
DO NOT BRING:
- Food that requires refrigeration or heating
- ANY Electronic devices (cell phones, music players, video games, etc.)
In Case of Emergency
It is important to note that Logan Canyon does not provide cell phone reception, so unless camp is being held at SNC or at the Nibley property, your child will be unreachable during some parts of the day. SNC staff will have a schedule of where campers will be each day. In the case of an emergency where you need to reach your child, please call SNC during office hours at 435-755-3239. Registered Camp Parents will also be provided with the cell numbers of camp staff for after hours calls.