The 13th Annual Winter Wildlands Alliance Backcountry Film Festival is coming to USU!
Doors open 7:30pm, Film starts 8:00pm
USU TSC Auditorium
Students: $5.00; Non-Students: $8.00
Tickets will be sold at the door.
The BFF is a celebration of the human-powered experience and a gathering place for the backcountry snowsports community. Winter Wildlands Alliance is a national nonprofit organization that partners with groups at the local level to inspire and educate the backcountry community to protect and care for their winter landscapes. Funds raised at each screening stay in the local community to support human-powered recreation and conservation efforts, winter education and avalanche/safety programs and to raise awareness of winter management issues.
Adventure, environment and climate, youth outdoors, ski culture- you’ll find it all in this award winning lineup. Films in this year’s program include:
• The Space Within, DPS Skis Cinematic | 5 min 28 sec
• Ruth Gorge, Noah Howell | 8 min 1 sec
• Below 0, Itai Hagage | 4 min 54 sec
• The End of Snow, Jane Zelikova and Morgan Heim | 20 min 35 sec
• Follow Through, Anya Miller and Becca Cahall | 21 min 48 sec
• Genesis, Ben Sturgulewski and Dan Pizza | 5 min 50 sec
• Idaho 12ver Project, Mark Ortiz | 12 min 10 sec
• Adventure Not War, Max Lowe | 7 min 35 sec
This event is in partnership with USU Outdoor Program and the Stokes Nature Center.
All proceeds benefit the Lyon. Maas, Mueggler Outdoor Leadership Scholarship.
We look forward to seeing you on January 10th for a fun night with friends and films. This screening benefits incredible forces happening in your very own Logan community! Here's the lowdown of your awesome community working to bring this screening to your town:
2. Find out what Nordic United is doing to groom your winter trails and bring you the nationally-recognized Crowbar Race.
3. The admission you pay to attend this event goes directly into the Lyon Mass Meugler scholarship- supporting one of your USU Outdoor Programspeers to gain backcountry safety education.