Our animal friends in the nature center deserve some TLC too! If you aren't scared off by salamanders, snakes, turtles, and crickets—and you enjoy taking care of them, then this position would be a good fit for you.
- Clean and refill food and water bowls
- Clean and maintain terrariums on a regular basis
- Record all critter care activity and animal behavior observations
- Feed critters on a scheduled basis
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Independent and self-motivated
- Able to lift up to 20 pounds
- Experience caring for animals (especially reptiles) preferred
- Able to comfortably and safely handle critters as needed
All SNC volunteer positions are required to attend a 30 min general volunteer orientation. In addition, to become a Critter Care Volunteer you will be required to complete a mandatory Critter Caretaker Training Course. The course consists of two, one hour sessions with a Nature Center Naturalist.