Join our Nature Education Team and inspire people of all ages to appreciate and care for our natural world. Take a class of 3rd graders out for a hike along the river trail. Help out with one of our many field trips and school programs. Guide a group of scouts on a snowshoe walk. Or if you're an expert, assist in leading one of our adult workshops. More established volunteers, such as retired teachers, professionals, or college students with flexible schedules make exceptional Naturalist Educators as they are able to share their wealth of knowledge and insights with students and program participants. Whatever your ability level, if you love both nature and teaching, become one of our Naturalist Educators today!
- Inspire a love for nature in program participants
- Assist in the implementation of education programs
- Work alongside other naturalist educators
- Help develop class curriculum
- Prepare and assemble program materials
- Past experience working with children
- Teaching experience preferred
- Ability to work well with others and collaborate on ideas
- Ability to lead groups of people effectively
- Organized and timely
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Willing to work outdoors in unpredictable weather
- Able to lift 20 lbs.
- Willing to take and pass a background check
Orientation: A volunteer orientation is required for all volunteer positions. To become a Volunteer Naturalist Educator you must be able to commit to volunteering a minimum of 10 hours per month.